Last modified 07.10.2020
- General information and principles
- Controller of personal data
- A controller of personal data is the company that determines the purpose for which and the means by which personal data is processed. Controller determines the purpose, conditions and means of the processing of personal data.
- The controller of personal data for this agreement is CTF-Tech.
- All questions, comments and inquiries related to data processing can be sent to the email address: email@example.com.
- Processor of personal data
- An authorized processor of personal data is the company that processes personal data in the name and on behalf of the controller.
- In the case of this agreement the authorized processor of personal data is CybExer Technologies OÜ (also referred to as “CybExer”), established on the basis of the laws of the Republic of Estonia, with registered address at Toompuiestee 35, 10133, Tallinn, Estonia, registry code 14013437.
- Objectives of data collection
CTF-Tech collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the CTF-Tech Website and the use of services hosted on the CTF-Tech Website;
- To develop and improve the CTF-Tech Platform and the services hosted on the CTF-Tech Platform;
- To inform the User about the changes and modifications of the Platform related to the use of the Platform and provision of services and other information relevant to the User.
- To fulfil contractual and legal obligations.
- To exercise and protect the rights of CTF-Tech.
- To send offers to the User according to their preferences and profile when they have given a consent to process their personal data for such purpose.
- Legal basis for processing personal data
- CTF-Tech processes personal data to provide service(s) because it is necessary for the fulfilment of the agreement which is concluded between you and us, or for taking steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement. In such a case the legal basis for processing data is the agreement concluded between you and us, or your request prior to entering into an agreement.
- We process your personal data to improve the Platform and services because it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract which is concluded between you and us; and under legitimate interest pursued by us. In such a case the legal basis for processing data is the agreement concluded between you and us, or our legitimate interest. It is also our legitimate interest to ensure that the services and the Platform are working properly, any problems could be addressed accordingly and that the services and the Platform could be improved.
- We process your personal data to fulfill obligations established in law as the processing is necessary for compliance with the legal obligation to which we are subject. We process your personal data to enforce and defend our legal rights under legitimate interest pursued by us. It is our legitimate interest to enforce and defend our legal rights as we see it necessary.
- We process your personal data to enforce and defend our legal rights under legitimate interest pursued by us. It is our legitimate interest to enforce and defend our legal rights as we see it necessary.
- Upon your consent we process your personal data to provide you personalised notifications of our services.
- What categories of personal data we process
- CTF-Tech collects the following data:
- User Account and/or User contact information - name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, school/educational institution, grade/level of education, skills and other information that the User voluntarily shares with CTF-Tech.
- Preference of the CTF-Tech services that the User voluntarily shares with CTF-Tech.
- Log information - IP address, the time of the use of the Website and/or service, duration, technical content of queries.
- The User has to share their name and e-mail address with the data controller and the processor to be able to use the CTF-Tech Website and services hosted on the Website; sharing other data is optional.
- When visiting the Website, certain computer information of the User, i.e. log information about the communication of the User's device or web browser with the Website, is automatically collected. Such information is anonymous.
- Data retention
User data will be stored for a maximum of 5 years to meet data processing objectives and purpose.
- Data sharing with third parties
- CTF-Tech uses third party services in its work and data processing, such as cloud services for data storage and processing, communication services, accounting services, software development services.
- The services in Section 8.2. are provided by the following agencies: Microsoft Corporation; Google LLC; Slack Technologies Limited; The Rocket Science Group LLC; Eventbrite, Inc..
- Rights of the User
- The User has the following rights:
- The right to request from CTF-Tech to access the data collected about him/her.
- The right to demand from CTF-Tech to modify his/her data and erase his/her data from information systems.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data concerning him/her.
- Right to request additional information about data processing.
- Right to withdraw offers sent by CTF-Tech.
- The right to turn to the Data Protection Inspectorate and the court if the User finds that his/her rights have been violated during the processing of his/her personal data.
- In order to exercise the rights set down in the clauses 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3 and 9.1.4. of this chapter, we ask the User to write a corresponding request to the CTF-Tech e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our CTFs usually end with sorrow that the event is already over, and yearning for the next one.
Address: Toompuiestee 35, Tallinn 10149, Estonia
Phone: +372 633 3266
© 2021 CTF Tech. All Rights Reserved.